Wednesday, May 2, 2012

5.2.12 Brother


It wasn’t all that long ago, brother, when we promised undying friendship.  I thought that being there for you was all I ever wanted.  To watch you grow up, choose a bride, build a home.  I’d never be too far away, never leave you to walk this road alone. And everything I did was always for your good. All my life I’ve loved you, protected you, fought for you.

Brother, I would have died for you.

But you changed.  So did I.

Now you lie before me with a bullet in your chest. 
The gun still smoking in my hand.


8 comments:

  1. woa. was not expecting that. this is really powerful, bekah. well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The descriptions all flow so well to pull in, and then smash every expectation at the end. I love the way you highlight the pivotal moment with indentation, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... this was seriously good.... wow... I'm very impressed! And I did not see this coming.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 0.o
    Wow...
    That was seriously intense! And amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO sad, but it was very well written!!!

    ReplyDelete