Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nurses Week

So movie stars get the Oscars. A night of glamour and sparkle. Of tuxedos and ties. Of jewelry and gowns. Luxury and elegance. A night of adulation and golden statues and speeches that most of us don’t even pay attention to.

Then there’s me.

I don’t get a night. I have a whole week celebrating what I do.

I don’t have a gown. I have scrubs covered in bodily fluids that aren’t mine.

I don’t have the opportunity to make a speech. I have the opportunity to make a difference.

I am not a movie star.


I am a nurse.

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Movie stars suck at saving people. Thanks for not being a movie star =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup. this is spot on. we should totally do something about this. nurses and teachers, that is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, today is Teacher's Day. There is that. :)

      Delete