Tuesday, May 8, 2018

drabble day 7: occhiolism

my occhiolism is triggered by videos of three legged dogs who don't know there are parts of themselves missing. by clear nights, the kind where you can see the strands of the milky way. by nice men who also keep very tidy beards. by seven foot tall drag queens who walk in heels like they're slippers. by frogs who climb trees. by the speed at which a rabbit can eat a flower stem or leaf of lettuce without blinking. by women who collect water every day from a muddy well nine miles from home. by the purr of a cat.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that a word like this existed. What a perfect word and beautiful words to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Merriam-Webster app was stumped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. This is the word I never knew I needed.

    ReplyDelete