Saturday, May 19, 2018

The Places Only God Can Go (friday's drabble)

The human soul is unknowable darkness and too much brightness. After all, we are made in God’s image, One we can spend our whole lives chasing, a chase that only reveals more hidden things. 

Occasionally we come close to knowing the depths of another’s heart, yet so many of us can’t even know ourselves fully. So we spend hours in conversation and contemplation, untangling everything that was to uncover who we are.

How strange to be a secret from yourself, spending your life swimming the deeps, forever a beginner.


How humbling to know there are places only God can go.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! And ponder this frequently. The human heart consistently astounds me with both its goodness and its evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that line "there are places only God can go" in a book somewhere... I'm annoyed I can't remember where. I guess a little plagiarism is okay. It's an idea that still sticks with me...

      Delete