Thursday, May 26, 2011

5.26.11 - I will be here

"What's that?" says the small child.
"'That' is a puzzle."
“Where does this piece go?”
“That’s the beauty of doing a puzzle. You get to figure out where the pieces go.” the spry uncle replies.
I will listen, I will be here.
“Can I help you?” She says.
“Of course, Remember the first time?” He replies, breathing heavily.
I will be here, when you feel like being quiet.
She places a puzzle piece on then grave. “I remember all the times I did a puzzle with you. You will be with me forever.”
Tomorrow morning if you wake up, and the sun does not appear, I will be here.

4 comments:

  1. i really like this brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is so sad and beautiful. and there is so much depth of emotion in those few words. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much like this Brittany. It's really really good. And agreeing with bekah there is a great depth of emotion in this!!! Well done.. :D

    ReplyDelete