Tuesday, May 31, 2011

[for 5.6.11] 5.31.11-bugs

[note: awhile ago i posted a drabble called silence. the day i posted it i didn't think i would have time to write a drabble. but my pride got the best of me tonight and i wanted to be able to say i wrote 31 drabbles in the month of may-one for every day (without cheating with a previously written drabble). so, without further ado, here is my final drabble]

"You know it's buggy when you can slap your arm and kill 3 mosquitoes"
"Ah!! There's an ant on my napkin!!"
"You have a spider on you!"
"It's hot, the middle of the day and breezy and there are STILL mosquitoes!"

"I was just pulling a couple weeds and there was a tick crawling up my arm"
During the winter I always forget how itchy mosquito bites are, how annoying it is to walk through a spider web and how surprising it is when an ant appears on your napkin.
This is a New England summer.

2 comments: