Wednesday, May 22, 2013

life

My life isn't slowing down.
A month ago, as homework was piling up in front of me like a fat man piling butter on top of his pancakes on a Saturday morning, I would've told you that by May 19th life would've slowed down. I would have enough time to make endless amounts of the recipes I've pinned on pinterest. Subjects in school would've gotten easier by now. At least that's what my brain thought.
My poor, over-saturated brain.
Well, dear brain a month ago,
Take a look at the:
Dark circles under my eyes.
Index cards flying off the table like it isn't anybodies business.
The moving sign outside the house.
Boxes beginning to pile up.
4 drabbles that need to be written.
Nails that need to be painted.
Clothes that need to be washed.
Homework that needs to be done. (essay's and such.)
The waiting for the audition outcome to come soaring into the inbox.
I have lines that need to be memorized.
Food that needs to be eaten. (or not.)
Books that need to be read.

My dear, poor, over-saturated mind that I cannot live without,
I cannot believe I'm saying this, but, you lied to me.

I need a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I love that last line. This is the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! excellent descriptions!

    you are a little over 100 words though ;)

    ReplyDelete