Friday, May 31, 2013

Crimson Red

To the ends of the earth
Till the last man is dead
Till our heroes are buried
And our skies crimson red

We will raise our last flag
We will fight one more day
We’ll endure every fire
Till we’re lost in the grey

Alone you have wandered
Lost in the gale
Fought through each battle
Though you knew you were frail

You’ve now come to save us
But the cost is high
Taken the last boat
Where the river is dry

I’ll sing you to sleep now
Lay down your gun
sleep now my hero
Your struggle is done

5 comments:

  1. The change to a hopeful tone is so unlike the rest of your drabbles that the effect is powerful. If I had read this by itself, it wouldn't have presented itself the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so good.. What an amazing way to finish..
    (also... Good job.. you didn't think you could make it. but you certainly did.. And every drabble was amazing.. )
    I love that last verse so much....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This is a haunting lullaby. Now I can't wait to read the whole story as one consecutive piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAH! Now I'll never know if the birdsongs and blue skies are real or just a lie. Did the protagonist die for nothing? What caused this whole thing in the first place? Why did the green-eye people want to kill everyone else? I demand more drabbles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Mel. Despite knowing the more information may ruin it.
    Gosh. Must you torture us with such cliffhangers? Sadly yes.

    ReplyDelete