Thursday, May 23, 2013

Missed in the Morning


I woke up to a gray everywhere, a half hour after my alarm sang me awake the first time. I took vitamins, made coffee, i.e. only the essentials.
Forgot something? Lunch.
I couldn’t miss the droplets in the air, suspended, no dodging between those.
But you, I miss you every morning. It isn’t right or natural.
It ought to be you to make up for my clumsy morning brain. You ought to kiss me goodbye before the separation of the day begins, and we don’t even mind because every day we know that we are coming home to each other.

3 comments:

  1. I love this. You took the title I suggested and made something beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! i like this very very muchly. and I agree with what Nicole said, love the suggestion in the title and the description in the drabble. :)

    ReplyDelete