Saturday, May 24, 2014

Empty Spaces...

It stings, I feel through the fog in my eyes. 
A single, hot and salty drop trails, 
sliding down my cheek leaving a path that cuts deeply. 
A torrent of bitter-sweet battles furiously behind my eyes, 
warring, struggling, pulling, and twisting. 
The thickness of my eyes works so hard to hold it back, to make it fake, 
to try and try to squelch the feeling that real is real, that there is an is. 
I try to harden my eyes, to fill them. 
I pull them shut hard, strong, fast, to hold them,
 to ignore the empty spaces inside me...  


4 comments:

  1. Wow. The words. So good. The line "to try and try to squelch the feeling that real is real, that there is an is" is amazing. And the picture just makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! =]
    When I wrote that line, it totally made me think of you for some reason, so it is pretty great that that is the one you picked out. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so good! Every word choice is spot-on. Definitely agree with Nicole - that line is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete