Thursday, May 15, 2014

Problems with Authority Part 5: Hatchet

Death is coming.  I am coming.

Duchovny thinks I'm his pawn, but he is nothing to me.  The guards who tried to stop me were nothing to me.  Now they lie on the floor, broken, bathed in red.

Another guard comes through the doorway.  The gun in my hands sings silently.  And he falls on his face before me.

I find more.  I break them easily.  Until one gets away, calling for help, as if anyone can.
Thunderous gunfire chants my praises.  Alarms hail my approach.

All will fly or fall before me.  I am Death.  And I am coming.



[P.S. sorry for a violent Thursday everyone...]

3 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying these and this one in particular. "Thunderous gunfire chants my praises." Excellent.
    I have to admit though, the names are distracting for me. When I read Duchovny I think of the X-Files. When I read Hatchet I think of the book Hatchet. So I find myself thinking of other stories as I'm reading these sometimes. Wasn't sure if that was something you'd want to know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree with you about the names. I didn't think of X-Files until after starting this, and now that's all i can think about =P =/

      Delete