Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Resurgence

I spent my whole life clawing my way to the top so that I wouldn’t have to feel this ever again. This clutching fear that stops my breath from leaving my body.

I haven’t felt this since I was a child. The bully down the street laughed at me and beat me up. Just because I had six fingers on my right hand. I swore that next time I would be the one laughing. I killed him. And I laughed.


Now this man who says I killed his father won’t shut up and won’t die. And the fear is back.

2 comments:

  1. This is nice; a great background to an otherwise unexplored character. It also begs the question, what makes a villain a villain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super fascinated by that concept. The underlying causes that make someone turn evil.

      Delete