Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Forteana

            When people ask what my dad does for a living I tell them he’s an astronaut.  Because if you tell someone your dad’s an astronaut they say, “O, really?”  Then you say no.  So it isn't lying.


Mom and I came to live next to Bad Luck Pond at the beginning of summer. We used to live in Colorado.  We drove the whole way, north and east, and Mom chain smoked.  Don’t worry, she doesn’t smoke anymore.  She caught me trying to light one up and after that she threw all her cigarettes away.  Now she eats potato chips instead.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. This is bleak and dusty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh. I think i've actually done that first paragraph a few times =P
    Really like the mood that's being set here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooo! I hate plagiarism by coincidence.

    ReplyDelete