Friday, May 23, 2014

The Sicilian

The first thing you should know about me is that I’m Sicilian. Not Italian. Sicilian. Yes it makes a difference. Although, I would imagine you wouldn’t know that since you thought that Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates were actually men of intellectual worth. They aren’t. They’re morons.

The other thing about being Sicilian is that death doesn’t frighten us. Some men aren’t afraid of death because they have nothing left to lose. I am not afraid of death because there is no way I can lose.


Let’s drink a toast to that, shall we? This wine that you’ve brought looks excellent.

2 comments:

  1. These are great. I especially like the play on the circular reasoning ... and that Plate, Aristotle, and Socrates were "morons" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (ok. so i read this one after 'empty spaces'...i get it now. ALSO this is a brilliant idea-sort of character sketch in the first person? i like it :)

    ReplyDelete