Wednesday, May 7, 2014

the Past

 A tall figure slinks past me on the road. He wears a long tattered robe of grey. His back is bent and he walks with quiet steps. 

I barely notice him as he passes by. He merely slips past without a whisper or word. I turn, wanting to catch him, to speak with him, but he is already years behind. How could he leave so fast?

I run towards him, my feet flying with inhuman speed. I desperately want him to come back. My heart pounds and my feet falter.

I’m running after the Past and I can’t catch up.


4 comments:

  1. So good. And so true how out of reach the Past is just when we want to hold onto it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, The Past personified. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you describe the way he looks - tattered, bent, quiet, and stealth. Very much like what you feel upon pondering something that has already happened. So so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so powerful...I love it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete