Monday, May 21, 2012

the final breath. {and the last installment!} (a double drabble) (part 5/5) {for 5.18.12}

i open my eyes, and the world seeps in.
the light hurts and my left temple throbs.
I move my hand in attempt to rub it, to massage the pain, but i realize i can’t. I feel my hands tied to the chair. I go to say something, to alarm the people, but I realize I can’t speak, the soiled piece of cloth tied around my mouth makes it impossible to say anything.
Footsteps alert me of their arrival. One leans on the kitchen counter while the other paces around my chair. He asks me questions I can’t answer.
“Do you know my father wanted to destroy me? So he recruited your parents to do so?”
“Did you know that I had the opportunity to kill your mummy and daddy many times, but I didn’t? Only left them with the warning of a knife gash?”
“did you know I’ve killed many people in the last week in order to get to your parents and now I must kill you because I’ve told you things no one can know about?”
The revolver lays heavy against my temple, and I know what’s coming next.

~

The men leave, while the innocent girl still sits, her hands are strapped to her chair, her mouth gagged.
But she will never speak again.
No wonder his father wants him destroyed.

3 comments: