Saturday, May 26, 2012

variable


They aren’t good enough.  The words just aren’t good enough to express the feelings that threaten to overwhelm me. 

Sometimes, I’m getting dragged into sludge and fear and black.  Feeling about to split apart from belly-aching terror or loneliness.  And a snake coils itself around my heart and squeezes and crushes and kills.

And the words aren’t good enough.

Sometimes, I’m soaring high above the clouds and into the sunlight.  Feeling full up with an orchestra playing excitement and joy and love.  And an explosion of fireworks fill the night sky with color.

And the words still aren’t good enough.

2 comments:

  1. Really love this. Have definitely felt that many many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm... so true. I think these words are getting pretty close, though.

    ReplyDelete