Monday, May 28, 2012

Fire (for 5.20.12 and 5.21.12)

I am roughly forced into a kneeling position. The sickening smell of a burnt field wafts up to me as my knees hit the ground.

“This boy killed the Shadow!” I hear a roar of anguished anger from what must be a legion of warriors. When the yelling dies down the first voice speaks again.

“Now he must pay for the life he has taken.” cries of agreement echo from the crowd. “You are here to witness his death.” I feel something it my head, then drip down my face.

He spat on me!

The crowd erupts into loud cheers.

“Remove the blindfold, and look me in the face!” I challenge.

In reply, something heavy and damp is draped over me.

“He thought destroying the Shadow would end the attack, but he was wrong! The attack will end only when the entire world is conquered, and pays tribute to us.”

The crow roars again.

“So now he will burn with his country!”

I hear the faint crackle of fire.

The cloak grows warm…then hot.

“Be warned, you Legions!” I yell. “The world will fight back. This is only the beginning of a rebellion. We will not be ruled by tyrants!”

2 comments: