Thursday, May 1, 2014

Writing about Writing

It’s the easy way out. To just write about writing. Seems circular. A roundabout way of discussing nothing.

But if we didn’t write about writing, we would be missing something crucial. There is an ever-growing line of text that circles up and down and all around and straight from your eyes into your brain and then to your heart. That is the weapon and the grace of the words. Characters joined together to hurt or heal or inspire or degrade or all of those together and they just go on and on.

There. I’ve written about writing.


The story continues.

6 comments:

  1. I'm actually fairly certain that you are writing about writing about writing, and not writing about writing.
    Correct me if I am wrong though. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i think Lorin is right :) and i like this.
    it is exactly what literature people do all the time (like me, right at this moment, for instance--writing about writing about writing {about writing}). it's crazy complicated and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Lorin and Sara said. It's complicated and roundabout and beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Loved this, Nikki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are messing with my mind...
    But I do like this, Nikki :)

    ReplyDelete