Sunday, May 20, 2012

5.20 Manhattan Jungle


It was nothing like I had ever seen.  I stood on the sidewalk staring at the whirlwind in front of me. I’d never seen so many people gathered in one place. All of them appeared on a mission, not making eye contact and hurrying along. The yellow cabs lined the sidewalk beeping, anxious to make their way through. On the buildings lights and signs flashed everywhere.

Even stepping into the crosswalk proved dangerous. The last time I was that scared while moving was when the neighbor’s dog chased us across the cornfield.

Whoever said Manhattan was a jungle was underestimating.  

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Loved the detail about being scared stepping into the crosswalk. Definitely have experienced that in Manhattan ... as the pedestrian and the driver! =)

    ReplyDelete